I feel different.
I look in the mirror, and I recognize a glimmer of the man I used to be.
I changed Cd's in my player.
I am not in the mood for mournful songs. I am happy today.
Yeah. Happy.
On all fronts, I feel that I am getting better. Stronger.
I like the way this feels. I want to see where this leads.
I am not a fool.
I know that this feeling is temporary.
I will scratch at a seemingly minor wound.
I will discover that the injury has played a part in creating the cloud I live under.
Something forgotten.
Something transformative.
Something I willed myself to forget, lest it destroy me.
And it will occupy me until I truly confront and reconsile myself with it.
But for now, I am content.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment