"I guess you left me
With some feathers in my hand.
Did it make it any easier
To leave me where I stand?
I guess there might not be too many
Who will stand beside me now.
Where'd you come from? Where'm I going?
Why'd you leave me so I'm only good for
Waiting... for you.
All my sins.
I swore that I would pay for them
If I could come back
To you.
All my innocence is wasted on
The Dead and dreaming"
"I woke up in mid-afternoon
Because that's when it all hurts the most.
I dream I never know anyone at the party
But I'm always the host.
If dreams are like movies
Then memories are films about ghosts.
You can never escape, you can only move south
Down the coast"
"I remember me.
Or, all the little things that make up
A memory.
Like, she said, she loved to watch me sleep
Like, she said, it's the breathing...
In and out and in and out
Have you seen "me" lately?"
"You know that I don't like you
But you want to be my friend.
There are bodies on my ceiling
And they're fluttering their wings
It's OK. I'm angry
And you'll never understand.
When you dream of Michaelangelo
They hang above your head"
I don't know Adam Duritz.
He seems to know me.
He writes things I felt.
He says the things I wish I could say.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment