There is no telling what someone will value.
What they will focus on.
I knew my part in all of this.
I knew Les' part.
I knew his part.
In my mind, the real victim was his fiance. She was blissfully unaware, planning her wedding to what she thought was a good man.
I knew her name. I knew what she looked like.
A little waiting and watching at his apartment led me back to her address.
I printed off all of the emails from Les' account.
I highlighted the dates.
I created a timeline.
I included a copy of my wife's cell phone usage.
And I wrote a letter to her, explaining why I was telling her all of this. I didn't want her to become trapped, as I had been.
All of this went into an envelope.
A weekend soccer tournament was being held in Charleston, 8 hours away by car.
My wife and her lover rode together. They were scheduled to be gone until Sunday evening.
Saturday morning, while their first scheduled game was being played, I hand delivered the packet to his fiance, at her front door. She would have a minimum of 9 hours to examine the evidence.
If she still chose to go through with her marriage, my hands were clean.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment