We had been invited to an engagement party being thrown for a pair of Les' soccer friends.
I didn't know these people.
They were part of her life, territory I was persona non grata in.
The celebration included typical party games, including a variation on "The Newlywed Game".
Married couples were given questions separately, then had to compare their answers to those of their spouse.
I answered honestly.
Looking back, answering honestly was an act of passive agressive hostility.
At the time, I was just answering honestly.
"When was the last time you made whoopie?" (Bear in mind, these questions were culled directly from the TV game show)
Other couples gave answers ranging from that morning to 3 days ago.
Les said "not sure".
I answered honestly.
"5 months ago"
"What is your mate's pet peeve?"
I answered honestly.
"Me"
"How does your mate show affection?"
I answered honestly.
"She doesn't"
It was the beginning of the end.
With my answers, I started in motion events that would end my sham of a marriage.
Sometimes, the best thing for you is the hardest thing for you.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment