I suppose that I had just had enough.
In my mind, every time I allowed someone into my life, they took every opportunity to trash it.
This is not a fair assessment... I know.
Tamara had been a very positive relationship, but that was a happy memory. I wasn't doing a lot of dwelling on happy memories.
May had been a wonderful experience, but I was allowing a split second at the end to define the entireity.
Cheryl never would have happened, had I not been actively trying to make a wreck of myself.
I can look back on it now and finally begin to see things as they really were. At the time, I got more and more bitter.
I might not like me, but at least I know I will be there in the morning.
So, I closed up shop.
I still dated casually, but the whole Shawn episode had been a waste of time, so I didn't even bother with looking for a "girlfriend".
I thought I was pretty happy.
The absence of external stimulus does not equal happiness.
To somebody that has forgotten what happiness feels like, it is easy to confuse the two.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment